Saturday, July 11, 2009

No Time To Knit!

My first born and her husband moved into their first home a few months ago. She posted pictures of her beautiful home on her blog.
Here is their backyard with some new additions.

I just love this little guy!








My last born baby,her husband and Maggie(our dog)moved Thursday.
This move was a little different because when they were married they moved into the apartment I have upstairs. That apartment was my parents and when they past the girls used it.
My husband and I haven't been living alone since 1977.
She doesn't keep up with her
blog so here are some pics.

It is a beautiful house but just needed some love.


This picture shows the wall paper and rugs which are gone now.



Now the floors and walls are beautiful.


Before and after of the stove.








The Den had paneling and the sister pulled it down.





First Born found $5 when she was cleaning the lint trap.


My desk after the move.


I gave them my dining room set.


Now we start a new stage of life.
What will it bring!

11 comments:

tisha said...

Congrats on the new home! I can see lots of hard work went into creating a perfect niche for your daughter, her husband and their upcoming blessing! Enjoy! I must admit things have been zippy and I haven't had much time to knit. Let's both hope for a quiet span of time soon - so we can get back to creating something wonderful!

Michelle B said...

What an exciting stage in life for all of you!

Sigrun said...

Nice to hear from you again. When my older 2 left home, we still had a 7 year old and a 5 year old. I didn't have time to miss them; they were in the city nearby, and helping them set up housekeeping with hand-me-down stuff was kind of fun (It's how we started out), but when the youngest left home, it was brutal. Thank god I was still working. Thank God we stay in close contact. The best thing is that I now have lots more rooms for knitting and sewing stuff.

Zel, The Grimm Witch said...

I was looking at the blogs I follow...barely sane enough to type this...and was like, 'Who the hell else has my little spot gargoyle?' Hee hee...yes, insane because I have some pressure...but my hair looks so feirce and my belly is full of sushi so I'm surviving

The dining room looks wrong...empty and sad...fill it with stuff!:) Not new stuff!

I think Latisha misunderstood and thought Bub or I are pregnant - sigh - I'm going to take that as a sign. Love ya, Your kid.

Amanda said...

Milestones for all involved!

Sel and Poivre said...

I read a great quote the other day..."when you're through changing you're through." How great that you're celebrating all the new things in everyone's lives!

Grandma Elsie said...

I remember when my last child got married and how lonesome it was , the empty nest syndrome, you know.
I know you will miss them them there but it's as it should be and I know you are happy for them.

blessings
Elsie <><

beegiekp said...

What a beautiful house. You guys really did a lot of work. Congrats to Lisa & the her husband. The yard looks ready for a lot of BBQ's.
Now let's get back to KNITTING!!!

See you Friday...can't wait.

Megan said...

How exciting! I just had my parents over for dinner for the first time (My husband and I had been staying with them and just got our new place) it was so neat. You guys seem like such a wonderful, loving family! I love hearing about you pitching in together.

Daisymum said...

Enjoy every minute of it.

me... said...

Wow - What a beautiful home!