Sunday, February 14, 2010

Take A Little Time To Enjoy The View!

We got tickets to The View for March 3rd!
Last year I went with First and Last Born. My friend PF was to have gone with us but found out she had Breast Cancer and was about to start the fight of her life.
Happy to say she is doing great and will be going with us this time!!!!


Now to baby knits.

The first is Child's Placket-Neck Pullover. It is a free pattern by Joelle Hoverson.


It is made with Miss Priss Schaefer Yarn. First Born gave me this awhile ago and it was waiting for just the right project.


This is a Debbie Bliss pattern from Baby Knits for Beginners.



I made it with Baby Zarella a Filatura Di Crosa yarn.


It is cute and thank goodness I like to seam because it's made up of five parts!
I don't see the need to made this sweater again when I can get the same raglan style with a top down pattern like the one I'm working on now.


This raglan is more like it and it's free Top Down Raglan Baby Sweater by Carole Barenys.



A few years ago my Husband and I went on a little trip to Mystic Connecticut. We had gone with our daughters many times when they were little and found it to be very peaceful and relaxing. I, as always, checked out the local yarn stores and found Mystic River Yarns.
That's where I found this amazing yarn!
If you are member of Ravelry you must check out Ellyn Copper's yarns because they are amazing!


By the way shouldn't Valentines Day be everyday!

14 comments:

LenaL said...

Oh, they are adorable, all three of them! And I really agree, why sew five prats together when you can knit them together from the beginning?!

Looks forward to see loads and loads of lovely baby items in the future!

Take good care of yourself!

Zel, The Grimm Witch said...

So excited about the Yarn Sonnets sweater...June 17th or after, you, me, Bub, and a road trip to Mystic Yarns and Sea Shack!

Kitty said...

You get to go to The View!? Don't they give out free stuff every day?! That's going to be so much fun, regardless of the freebies!

I love the little sweaters that you're whipping up like nobodies business! Too cute!

Amanda said...

Some very classy baby knitting there!

cici said...

Lucky You! I will be looking for you on the View. The baby knits are so adorable♥ I have something for on my blog♥

sara said...

Thanks for the link! I've been looking for a seamless baby sweater to knit!

Unknown said...

All three of the sweaters are so beautiful.
I anticipate the Grandbaby having lots of beautiful sweaters, etc. How exciting!!

Going to the View, how exciting is that. I will be sure to watch it on March 3rd and will definitely DVR it so that I don't miss it and can look for all of you.

I was in Mystic a few years ago, my PRE knitting days. When we go again I will be sure to look up that yarn store....as the yarn is so beautiful!!

Sel and Poivre said...

The Debbie Bliss Patterns, cute as they may be do tend to have an inordinant quantity of pieces don't they!

Bianca said...

Beautiful baby sweaters!

Abbey said...

Oh!! Isn't knitting baby stuff the very best ever?? I love the sweaters!! You are amazing! I hope you have fun at the View!!

lunaticraft said...

Oh my goodness, the knits are beyond darling! =D

And have fun at The View! I have a few friends who saw a show taping and said it was totally and amazingly awesome.

Unknown said...

Nice Sweaters! I'm looking to make a few in the next few months too! I especially love the seed stitched border sweater!!

Got It From My Mama said...

Your baby knitting is lovely.

Unknown said...

okay all of them are beautiful! I love the cute little collar it just makes it THAT MUCH more cute (if it's at all possible!).