Thursday, July 8, 2010

Retirement and the Start of My New Life

The last day of school was not sad. There were no tears or long goodbyes.
I just walked out with my flowers,balloon and chair to my husbands waiting van.



I thought of my 36 years and what it all meant. I guess time will help me understand.
Today was the start of the Understanding.
When I got home from spending time with First Born and her constuction war zone this was waiting for me at the door.


In my 36 years of teaching there were some wonderful people that entered my life.
Mr.JV was one of those wonderful people. His kind,caring soul has shared the births of my girls as well the passing of too many of my loved ones.
His puns would help me get through some hard days and when help is needed he is always there.
Thank you Mr.JV for being a good friend and a class act!

Here is First Born getting Ela's room ready.



Ela is not the only thing under construction!



This is what the construction war zone looks like. For better pictures check her blog
HERE



This is my husbands new family. I love to hear him play!


Have not had much time for knitting but did finish this little hat.



These are a few examples of crochet beading I did prelupus.


I gave away many things I had made.
Here one can see the different textures you can make with the use of different size beads.

I hope some day to be able to do this kind of work again.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you can enjoy your retirement!!

Zel, The Grimm Witch said...

That was so sweet of Mr. V! He's a great guy!!! I'm fat:)

Spice said...

wow, excellent work.

Amanda said...

I wish you a joyful and fulfilling retirement.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Enjoy, enjoy !!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for all your years in making a difference in other people's lives! Here's to an awesome retirement and having a blast the whole time with friends and family! :)

BTW - GrimWitch's house is looking beautiful!

Sigrun said...

Congratulations: Retirement and a new grandchild. i know you will enjoy both.

lara griffiths said...

woohoo! congratulations on your retirement! more knitting and family to enjoy~ lucky you!

Abbey said...

Happy Retirement!! I'm sad for the school that lost such a great lady! It looks like life is going to keep you super busy with beautiful and fun things! Here's to your good health and happy lif!!!

- S - said...

You are going to love retirement, I just know it.

Sistergirl said...

Congratulations for your years of service. The Lord appreciates all the lives you have touched over the years. I hope you are now excited about your new role.

lunaticraft said...

My goodness, I take a break from the internet and I miss everything! Congrats twofold!!

Congrats on your retirement, and thank you so much for being a dedicated educator all these years! Congrats also on your new grandchild! =D How exciting!

Also, that beaded crochetwork is beyond stunning, and that hat is totally precious!