Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

I was teaching in a school across the river from the towers in New Jersey. The view outside my classroom window was the WTC and the Empire State building.
A coworker saw the planes hit and I saw the towers go down. Many of the staff and students lost friends and family.
I will never forget the smell in the air for days.
I will not watch any of the 9/11 programing. My thoughts and prayers are with all of us who lived that day and must live with the pain and loss.

3 comments:

Zel, The Grimm Witch said...

I can't believe it's been ten years. I remember being panicked until you and dad were both home. Thank God Lisa was there. I felt like I was going crazy.

Paula Morales said...

I couldn't watch any of the specials today either. September 11th will always be a date for New Yorkers that will stand out in time. Everyone can remember exactly where they were and what they were doing when they found out what was going on. Smoke came over to Queens and we could smell it. It's hard to relive that. Thankfully I didn't lose anyone of my family and friends. My heart really goes out to those who did lose loved ones.

COSMO said...

Thanks, I enjoy reading as well as admiring the project photos. I hope, you will add some news. Sorry for language barrier, I have tried to write in English, but it takes much more time:). All the best. Karolina