Sunday, August 24, 2008

My first Crocheted project in two years

It has been two years since I put down the crocheted cardigan I was making my daughter.


All I had left to do was finish the sleeves but the pain in my hands got so bad I couldn't go on.

Thanks to Marianne, a blogger I read often, and her beautiful Giovanna's Cardi I was inspired to make one.

I used a J hook and Debbie Bliss cashmerino dk in tan for the body and the trim was done in a green Rowan felted tweed.
It's easy and only takes a couple of hours to make. It took me a little longer because I had to rest my hand.








I was so happy I was able to finish this little cardigan.

My hands are a little painful today, but it was worth it! As I have said in the past, I am first a crocheter. Getting that hook in my hands and finishing this cardi means the world to me.
I now feel I'll be able to finish my daughters cardigan as long as I take it slow.

No comments: