Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bobble Blanket

This is a blanket I crocheted many years ago.







I remember it took me forever but when I was done I was very pleased.
I still feel it's a beautiful pattern and an example of the beauty of crochet stitches

So many knitters feel crochet can't produce a fabric as beautiful as knitting can.
So sad for them because they're missing a world of amazingly beautiful stitches and patterns.
Just look in pages of Interweave Crochet and the many incredible crochet designers it features.
I will never understand the need for a scale when it comes to the fiber arts! We who love the fiber art should respect and be open to skills we may not know.

12 comments:

Tally Knits said...

I learned simple crochet stitches (ch, sc, dc) when I was very young and would make simple scarves and doll blankets. I lost interest... Then I learned to spin when I was 16 and picked up knitting. I was one of those people who thought knitting was superior to crocheting, but then I decided to actually LEARN to crochet and love it as much as I do knitting!

That's a gorgeous blanket... pattern?

Tally Knits said...

I have the FO post up and a link to the pattern is on it.

Michelle B said...

Oh that blanket is gorgeous!

Knittingmummy said...

The blanket is lovely I would love to learn to crochet but can't seem to get the hang of it by looking at a book. Maybe one day.
Amanda.x

Steffi said...

What a beautiful blanket! It is sad that crochet is so often overlooked. It truly is a beautiful craft.

Bianca said...

This is indeed a beautiful blanket! Looks comfortable and warm :-)

Pooch said...

I completely agree about crocheting. I enjoy crocheting ghans among other items. Knitted ghans seem to take forever to finish!!

Beautiful work on your very pretty ghan!

:)

LenaL said...

Oh yes, isn't it lovely! I used to chrocket a lot many years ago, but by some strange reason it's just knitting nowadays. But I have seen so many beauteful patterns, so sooner or later ... !

Sel and Poivre said...

What a lovely example of just how beautiful crochet can be! The fabric looks like it has a nice heavy hand! I agree its not either or with knit and crochet - they are just varying approaches to the same thing.

Megan said...

You've inspired me-I am going to ask my mom to teach me to crochet! I was not against it, just more excited about knitted projects.

Your blanket is lovely.

me said...

This is gorgeous

~ Phyllis ~ said...

What lovely work. My Memaw was a crocheter. She used to crochet table cloths.