Saturday, January 3, 2009

Knitting, Eating,Friends,and Wii

My Columbia Beret is done. This is a free pattern by Sarah Pope and can be found on Ravelry.
I made it out of Knit Picks Swish yarn on US #7 16" circular needles and then size 5 dpn's. It is an easy, fast knit but I messed up one of the rounds. I will have another on the needles soon.



The model is My first born Grimm Witch of Jersey.


I added the berry button.


So I hear the first step is admitting you have a problem.
I am a wii addict!
I missed many hours of knitting because of this Animal Crossing game!
My little friend is Lupie and she lives in Knitting Town.
I know it's sad but I can't help it!


To make matters worst I got the Simms Castaways. I hope going back to work Monday will help.


What is a post without pictures of food.
The Chalk Dust Knitters met at Pat's house and first we ate lunch.


Then we had dessert! The Apple crumb and the cookies were homemade and awesome!



We did get to knit/crochet. Pat is working on another sweater for her granddaughter and check out Annette's beautiful scarf!


My first born is working on yet another BSJ.


My last born Pepper is making a beautiful basketweave scarf. You can see Crochet with me with the gift I gave the group. More pictures to come when the rest of the group gets their gifts.

When members are missing the meetings just aren't the same. Jackie,Maria,and Steph were greatly missed. The next meeting is Friday so there will be another post of lots of food and gift giving.

19 comments:

Amanda D Allen said...

I LOVE the addition of the berry button. It is the perfect touch for a fantastic hat.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun and of course did some knitting. I become very hungry after viewing the food bet it was delicious. Is the next meeting this upcoming Friday at Panera's?? Let me know as I really missed my knitting family.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Lovely hat. Good job. All that food looks yummy.
Happy New Year.

bluemtnBeth said...

The hat looks great and the food is making me hungry :)!!

Michelle B said...

OMG what fun you guys had! Looks very yummy!!

I loveyour hat. I may have to make one for myself! Adorable!

Iron Needles said...

Happy New Year! It appears the Wii fiend has taken you to the dark side...Come back...come back while you can!

Amanda said...

Food and knitting - what a great combination!

lizzzknits said...

Love the beret. May have to try one sometime soon. And the food made me hungry....going to have dinner now!

Sel and Poivre said...

Love love love the addition of the raspberry button!

picperfic said...

Haha about the wii addiction, my lot all played on the guitar hero thingy whilst i sat and knit amongst all the coking! Happy New Year :^)

lunaticraft said...

That hat is beautiful! And it looks like the knitting get together was a lot of fun!

As for the Wii addiction, don't worry. You're not alone. I cannot even begin to tally the number of hours of my life that have been sacrificed to the Nintendo gods. And I'm still on outdated technology! I can't even imagine what would happen to my time if I got myself a Wii.

Stephanie said...

If I had not spent so many hours playing animal crossing on the wii this weekend I could have finished a sweater. So I know your pain. I haven't played sims though. I might have to check it out.

pepper said...

O man ma, pictures of Animal Crossing? Really? your so silly. The hat is great, so soft.

Anonymous said...

OMG I have to tell you I am a Wii addict!! I love to play the tennis and ping ball games *lol* I feel like I am a pro hitting those tennis balls across the room *LMAO*

Tally Knits said...

That is such a beautiful hat. I'll add it to my queue.

Your knitting groups looks like such fun!

Bianca said...

WOW! Your beret looks wonderful. And it is always good to knit - though I must admit that I don't have any experience with the wii

Tante J said...

The hat looks fabulous. I'll have to check out the pattern. And I'm with Amanda D Allen. LOVE the berry button. It gives makes a great finish!

Megan said...

Your first born has really beautiful hair and a beautiful beret to go with it! Wonderful job.

I really want to come to your knitting group! The food looks SO GOOD.

kathy b said...

I just love your beret! Came to you from Bianca's awards. Great images on your blog!